Monday, August 22, 2011

What's My Attitude?

"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." - Colossians 3:2 (NIV)

The title of today's blog comes from my daily devotional book. It perfectly sums up what I learned from God today. This is a question I should be asking myself every morning when I wake up. What is my attitude today? Do I want to allow worries, fears, anger or unhappiness to rule me today? Do I want Satan to be in control? Or do I want to count my blessings and experience God's joy and spiritual abundance? Do I want God to be in control? The choice is mine.

Every single day is a good day, no matter what it brings, if I choose it to be. It's my attitude that makes each day what it is. So, today, I choose to be an optimist. I choose to see all the blessings and miracles God has surrounded me with. I choose to give thanks and be joyful. I choose to place my faith and trust in the One who created me and loves me beyond my understanding. I choose to celebrate this life He has given to me, bumps in the road and all.  He will never force me to make these choices; they are all mine to make. What is my attitude today?

"The difference between winning and losing is how we choose to react to disappointment." (Barbara Johnson)

Awesome God, I am so thankful for all of Your blessings; let my attitude reflect that today. Make me a woman who sets her mind on spiritual things, not earthly things. Guide me in my choices today and help me to keep Satan out of my attitude. In Jesus' name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment