Monday, September 12, 2011

Let's Take a Walk

"Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in His ways." - Psalm 128:1 (NIV)

When was the last time you took a walk with someone you love? Not for exercise, or sightseeing, or because you had to be somewhere but just a nice, leisurely stroll and a good talk? Hand in hand or arm in arm, sharing your hopes and dreams, worry and fears? Today? Yesterday? A week ago? Months ago? Never? What about Jesus? When was the last time you took a long walk and had a long talk with Him?

Jesus took a long walk for us, carrying His cross up to Calvary. He did that because He loves us. He did that to take the place of all the rituals of the Old Testament. He became the sacrifice for our sins. He shed His blood to cleanse us. He became our bridge to God. In return, He wants us to walk with Him. Follow in His footsteps. Live as He lived. Trust Him. Talk to Him. Share with Him. He wants to hear about our hopes, dreams, and wishes. He wants to take on our fears, worries and sorrows. He wants to walk hand in hand with us. To celebrate our joys, lift us up when we fall, protect us when we're afraid. He's just waiting for us to ask Him to take a walk.

The path for my walk with Him isn't the same as the path for His walk with you. He has different plans for each of us. But, no matter how different our paths may be, the directions for walking them are clearly spelled out in the Bible. When we walk in the light - follow Jesus. When we walk through darkness - follow Jesus. When something crosses  our path that scares us - follow Jesus. When we walk through confusion - follow Jesus. When we get tired - follow Jesus. Through it all - follow Jesus. Walk with Him and talk with Him and you'll never lose your way.

"I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light." - Anonymous

Dear Lord, walk with me today. Keep me from straying from Your ways. Hold my hand as I face the challenges that cross my path. Protect me when I'm afraid, strengthen me when I'm weak and comfort me when I fall. Rejoice with me in the good times. Let me hear You as I know You hear me. In Your precious name I pray, Amen.
















No comments:

Post a Comment