Tuesday, November 1, 2011

No Problem Is Too Big for MY God!

"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him." - Psalm 18:30 (NIV)

It's been a crazy few days. Too much to do; not enough time. October through April, my life is out of whack. Tax extensions, holidays, birthdays, year-end reports for clients, getting ready for and then tax season itself....excuses, excuses, excuses! Really, I have no good excuse for not blogging the last 3 days. I've been doing my Bible study but not the blog. The problem lies in not giving my days and my time over to God to handle. I make my problems bigger and my days shorter than they are or ever should be just because I want to be in control.

God is perfect - "His way is perfect" - He is able to take my problems and handle them. My way is flawed and leads to more problems and difficulties.  So, why don't I give Him my difficulties until I've totally screwed them up? Until they are out of my control? Until I am an anxious, worried mess? Not only have I been asking myself these questions, but in every verse I'm studying, every song I hear, every devotion I read, even in the message this past weekend, God is bringing these same things to my attention. Give everything to Him, He is ready to take on all challenges, get back on track, He is a forgiving God, He loves me, He is bigger and more powerful than any problem or challenge I will EVER face.

I don't know how many of you have heard or know of Joni Eareckson Tada. She has a devotional website called Joni and Friends, has written books and devotionals and is a gifted speaker. But, in 1967, at age 17, she became a quadriplegic after a diving accident. She belongs to an organization that delivers wheelchairs, free of charge, to children and adults around the world. She travels extensively, speaks all over the world and has a faith in God that is just amazing. I'm telling you all of this because Joni did not allow her challenges, which are more than many of us will ever have to face, stop her from serving and having faith in God, even though she couldn't see what God's purpose was for her life at the time of her accident. My everyday challenges and difficulties are nothing compared to hers. Yet, she knew and still knows that there is no problem too big for God to handle.

Let me say that again and again and again: there is NO problem too big for my God. There is no PROBLEM too big for my God. There is no problem TOO BIG for my God. There is no problem too big for MY GOD. THERE IS NO PROBLEM TOO BIG FOR MY GOD!!! Thank you, Lord.

"As God's children, we are the recipients of lavish love - a love that motivates us to keep trusting even when we have no idea what God is doing." - Beth Moore

Dear God, I know You are bigger and more powerful than any challenge I will ever face in this life. I know You love me and Your way is perfect. In You I will find strength, courage & wisdom. Please keep reminding me that there isn't any problem too big for You to handle. I trust You with this day and give You total control over my life. In Jesus' name, Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment