Wednesday, August 17, 2011

God of Miracles

"Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son." - Genesis 18:14 (NIV)
I love what God is saying here! Nothing is impossible for Him!! Just as He performed the miracle of Sarah giving birth to Isaac at the age of ninety (!), He continues to perform miracles today. They come in all shapes and sizes - we just need to expect them and be aware of them. They're not just for special occasions or for great healing or for a select few. They happen all the time, all around us. Every breath we take is a miracle, every sunrise is a miracle, every baby born is a miracle, every prayer answered is a miracle, every flower blooming is a miracle, every friendship is a miracle, every healing is a miracle, every smile is a miracle....I could go on and on. The point is to look around and see God's handiwork. To see the miracle of the small things. We always notice the big miracles - someone walking away uninjured from a deadly car crash or someone at death's door making a recovery or an answer to a huge prayer - those aren't easy to miss and thank Him for. But it's the small everyday miracles, the blessings and gifts we take for granted, that we are missing. That we forget to get excited about and thank Him for. The parking spot He opened up close to the door on a hot day, the laughter of children, losing that last 10 pounds, a smile from a stranger, hearing from an old friend, electricity, indoor plumbing (especially indoor plumbing!!)...again, I could go on and on.  I desire to be more aware of the small miracles because they are the ones that will make me more aware of God's presence in my life. They are the ones that will bring me closer to Him. May we all be aware of His presence and miracles as we go about our day.

Awesome God, make me aware of all Your blessings and miracles in my life. You are the God of miracles, God of the impossible. Let me expect Your miracles and praise you and be thankful for them. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment