Friday, August 19, 2011

Trusting God to Help

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will help you." - Psalm 37:5 (NIV)
When life is going good, our dreams are coming true, our plans are succeeding and everything looks bright and rosy, it's easy to trust God and count our blessings. But, in times of trouble, when nothing seems to be going right, our plans fail and our dreams fall by the wayside - so does our trust in God. But those are exactly the times when we need to place more faith in Him. To count our blessings. To commit our lives to Him. To trust His plans for us.

Jeremiah 29:11 tells us, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.".

We don't always understand God's plan for our lives, but we should always trust His plan. It takes wisdom and courage on our part to say to Him, "Lord, I trust you, despite my circumstances. I have faith that you are preparing me for something great. I place my trust in your plans for my life.". It's during these times that we should count God's blessings and seek God's peace. Continue to follow His commandments, be thankful, be obedient, be patient, have faith. Easier said than done, but, by doing these things, we can continue to be filled with hope and joy no matter what is happening in our lives. God's peace is true peace - the kind of peace I want to enjoy.

"To know God as He really is - in His essential nature and character - is to arrive at a citadel of peace that circumstances may storm, but can never capture" (Catherine Marshall)

Heavenly Father, open my eyes and my heart to Your blessings - in both the good and the bad times. I want to know the true peace that only comes from You. I trust You and Your plans for me in all circumstances. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment