Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Celebrate the Day!

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" - Philippians 4:4 NIV

This is the season of celebration and joy! We are celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The Son of God!! But I'm not talking about celebrating that day; I'm talking about celebrating TODAY!!

What? Why? It's not Christmas yet!! Who says it has to be Christmas, or even a birthday or anniversary to celebrate today?! Are you alive and breathing? If you're reading this, then obviously the answer to that question is "yes". That's reason enough to celebrate! My God is an awesome God and He gave me this day. "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24 NIV) If God gave me this day, He must have something wonderful in store for me!

What are my expectations for today? Did I wake up expecting wonderful things from God or did I wake up in gloom and doom? As a Christian, a believer, I have every reason to wake up each morning with expectations of a great day - Jesus is alive and well and sitting at the right hand of God. I am saved and will one day join Him in Heaven. No more tears or sorrow. No more worry or pain. Hallelujah!!

Some of you may think I'm not living in the real world. There are people dying, grieving, going hungry, living on the streets, estranged from family, hurting. So much pain. I know that. But God still has a purpose for each and every person on this earth. If we're alive, then there's a reason for it. We have a choice to make each morning and I'm just saying that the Bible says that we are to celebrate each day....no matter what. Easier said than done? Yes! Impossible? NO!! "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8 NIV) Lean on Him and He will see you through. Today can be wonderful if you rejoice in the Lord, no matter your circumstances. Let's choose to celebrate today!!

"When you cannot rejoice in feelings, circumstances or conditions, rejoice in the Lord." - A. B. Simpson

Awesome God, let me rejoice in You today. No matter what this day may bring, may I celebrate it. Jesus is alive and reason alone to celebrate each day. Thank You for the wonderful gift of life, both here on earth and eternally. Let me use today for Your honor and glory, as Your humble servant. All praise belongs to You, Lord! In Jesus name, Amen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment