Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Living In Hope

"To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." - Colossians 1:27 (NIV)

This is a fabulous verse!! Christ - the hope of glory - is in me! Alive, willing and able to see me through whatever disappointments life throws at me.

I have no reason not to expect problems in my life. God did not promise me an easy life as a Christian. I will have just as much, if not more, troubles than a non-believer. In John 16:33 (NIV) Jesus tells me, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" Jesus has overcome the world and all the problems that are in it. He came so that I'll have peace when my problems seem overwhelming, so that I can live in hope of an eternity spent praising and worshiping Him. No more adversities, no more fears, no more worries and no more tears.

Satan wants me to live without hope. He wants me defeated and deflated. He wants me to look at all of the problems in my life, in the lives of my friends and family, in this country and around the world and just throw my hands up in the air and say, "Lord, why? Everything is hopeless. There's nothing I can do to make this better. I give up." I know people who think like this. They complain and say our world is getting worse all the time. They've lost hope for this and future generations.

But there is hope and His name is Jesus! He offers us security in an unsecure world.  He has overcome the despair, the trials and tribulations, the poverty, the suffering and the pain of this world. When we accept Him as our Lord and Savior, He brings a peace and joy into our hearts and souls that has no explanation or understanding. He allows us to live in hope, knowing we always have someone on our side that will walk beside us and see us through to the other side of our troubles. Someone who took on a human form and knows the temptations and pain we face on a daily basis. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus....my Friend, my Hope. Satan doesn't stand a chance against Him!!

"Jesus gives us hope because He keeps us company, has a vision and knows the way we should go." - Max Lucado

Precious Jesus, I will live in the hope You provided when You took my place on the cross. If I become discouraged or fearful, I will turn to You and lean on You for strength and comfort. I know You walk beside me through this life and, at times, You carry me when I'm too weak to move on my own. I thank You for the peace that passes all understanding that fills my heart and soul. Because of You, I know the day is coming when there will be no more despair or pain. Thank You, Lord! In Your name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment