Sunday, September 4, 2011

He Is The Lord, My God

"When you pass through waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." - Isaiah 43:2-3a (NIV)

Comforting words in these verses!! God loves me and always knows my needs. He knew I woke up this morning with Satan filling me with anxieties and fears. And He knew the exact passage to give me this morning to calm those anxieties and fears and set Satan running away. I had never heard of or read these verses in Isaiah before. Thank you, Lord, for seeing my need and answering it through Your Word!!

God is near us at all times. He walks with us through all adversity. You may be going through some type of trouble today. Give it to God. He's waiting. Allow Him to comfort you. Psalm 32:7 reminds us that He is our "hiding place", He will "protect" us "from trouble" and "surround" us "with songs of deliverance". And in Psalm 147:3, He gives us these comforting words: "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.".

In my journaling this morning, I listed all the things He is to me that helps me get through my times of adversity. He is my Protector, my Healer, my Deliverance, my Strength, my Comfort, my Rock, my Hiding Place, my Foundation, my Light, my Savior, my Redeemer, my Lord, my God. All these things and so much more! When I remember how much He loves me and all that He is to me and all that He has done for me and let Him take over in my life, nothing is as bad as it seems. When I call on Him, He is there. In His time (not mine) and according to His plan (again, not mine), He will deliver me from my troubles. Until then, He will give me His strength to face them. He has promised me this and I am standing on His promises!!

I pray you will remember that God loves you deeply. Ask Him to take on your troubles, your cares, your pain, your anxiety, your fears...whatever is bothering you today...and to fill you instead with His peace, His hope, His joy and His comfort. Ask Him to give you the strength to endure. It will be the best thing you do for yourself all day. Guaranteed!!

"You and I need to learn to interpret our circumstances by His love, not interpret His love by our circumstances!" - Anne Graham Lotz

My Lord and my God, thank You for loving me and for leading me exactly where I need to go to find protection from adversity - Your Word! I pray today and ask You to take my fears and anxieties and cast them away from me. In their place, may I be filled with Your peace, hope and joy as I wait on Your plan for my life. You are my strength and deliverer and I praise and worship You as my Lord and my God. May all I do today bring honor and glory to You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment